Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What I Luv...

... I noticed that there hasn't been much "Luv" on Luv My Texture, and I thought I would take a moment to remind myself of the great things in life.  I'll try to be brief, even though Yoda said "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try".


  • I luv my remote control (though I have no problem getting up and actually changing the channel - as long as the TV works)
  • I luv peanut butter - alone, in ice cream, with jelly, as cookies
  • I luv cheesy romantic films. 
  • I luv the Yankees.
  • I luv sleeping (if only I could get paid for it, "sleeping", not that other stuff that some people call "sleeping" - just to clarify!). 

  • I luv my family, despite everything, I want them to be happy too.  
  • I  luv the work I do - even though I won't be paying off student loans for this particular career, I'm good at what I do because I enjoy it (it's the other bs that people like to bring into it.... ' I'm digressing' lol!)
  • I luv bags.  I don't know why. 
  • I luv hats too.  I also don't know why. 


  • I luv food.  I luv to cook it, serve it, learn about it (I could never be anorexic because food is so darn good!) 
  • I luv my toolbox (Home Depot, to me, is like Toys R Us to my son). 
  • I luv men.  Same as the bags and hats - I don't know why (that was a joke.  I know why and it's private, lol!) 
  • I luv music.  I hear it when I write, when I walk, when I relax, when I'm upset.  When I hear a piece of music, I choreograph to it in my head... which leads me to...
  • I luv dance.  Don't know why I believed that a 5'4" dancer wouldn't make it professionally.  I still luv it.
  • I luv to write.  Haven't written as much as I used to, as much as I should... I know, I know... 


I luv my son.  I luv my son.  I luv my son.  Not that kind of luv where I want to suffocate him and stifle who he is, but the kind of luv where I want to do whatever I can to help him soar above any and everything.  I luv his spirit.  I luv his humor.  I luv his compassion.  I luv his inquisitiveness (most of the time).  I luv that I can be silly with him and still be deemed cool.  I luv that to him I'm a cool mom.  I luv that he understands that I am tough and he luvs me anyway.  I luv that we talk all the time.  I luv that he makes me talk to him.  I luv the way he sleeps (in his own bed!).  I luv that the only thing I know for sure is that his presence in my life has made me a better person - even just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment