Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spa at Home: Pedicure

Hey World,

I love the spa just as much as the next lady, but my wallet does not, which is why I am a big fan of DIY methods.  Today I'm going to share what I do to give myself a pedicure at home.

Tools:
Foot bath massager * castille liquid soap with essential oil
pumice stone or foot scrub * moisturizing lotion
nail clippers * emery board
cuticle remover * nail polish remover
nail polish

Remove nail polish from toe nails and soak feet.  I like to soak my feet in the my Conair Foot Bath massager, adding a couple of drops of castille liquid soap (with either tea tree or peppermint essential oil).  After a good 15 minutes I either use a pumice stone of foot scrub to exfoliate, clip and shape nails, and then I like to soak again for a few more minutes.  Pat dry feet and then moisturize, massaging feet and pushing back cuticles.    Once feet are fully dry and moisturized, apply nail color.  I like to apply base coat, color and then a top coat.  Allow nails to dry, and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment