Friday, May 4, 2012

Blow Out: Redux

Ok, so a couple of weeks I tried to blow out my hair with the little comb attachment, and 5 minutes in my arms got tired so I was gave up.  Well, I tried again, and with a little bit more help.

I'm a reformed product trier (I refuse to label myself a junkie at this point in time as I see that period of time in my life when I was simply searching for the right product for me!).

So, I decided I would invest 6 bucks in some Twisted Sista blow out cream for two reasons. 1-didn't want to mess around with crap in my hair that hadn't been in my hair for years (this has no sulfates or parabens), and 2-It was 6 bucks!



So here's what I did.
I co-washed my hair.  I don't usually co-wash since I like and need shampoo and the natural hair nazi's who disagree can kick rocks, but I don't usually like my hair anywhere near straight for more than an hour, so fi I got that feeling, I wouldn't feel like I wasted my shampoo (and time).

I divided my hair into 4 sections and (gasp), used a wide tooth comb to gently detangle my hair. Luckily detangling has gotten easier over the past few months - I wonder if the additional length I've gained with my hair is the reason - and then I clamped my hair into about 6 sections.

I used a dime size of Twisted Sista on each section of my hair, and with the comb attachment on my ionic hair  dryer, on a warm high air setting, I blew it out.

And the shyt worked, lol!

Pardon the expression, but I have a lotta hair. I understand why my mom threatened to cut if off when I was younger because it was just too much for someone with 5+ other kids to take care of, lol!  Anyway,, here are the results of that blowout (which is now in  ponytail and covered with a satin scarf until I can figure out what the heck to do with it tomorrow!


The reason why I even considered blowing out my hair in the first place is because I realize I need a trim, so I'll be doing that this weekend, but it was interesting to see where I was with the mop up top.

No comments:

Post a Comment