Thursday, March 29, 2012

When an Afro enters "Super Afro" phase

So, it's been almost 2 years (in May) since I chopped off most of my hair again, and I went from this:



to THIS!
(and this isn't even blown out fully because my arms got tired)
 

It's been a journey, but I'm glad to be on track according to my personal goals.  This was the first time in months that I'd blew out my hair with a comb attachment.  I don't do that anymore.  I'm back to my wash and go, moisturize and seal with hair oil, then tension dry method, as outlined below.  And I only do my hair once a week.  Everyday when I get home from work... ponytails (and tucking under the ends).  I'm almost ashamed to admit that this had made me lazy, BUT I love that I can wear my hair the way I like it, the way it is naturally, AND I don't hardly have to do anything during the week?  TOUCHDOWN!

In the meantime, this is my process:

 
 
 
 
 

WHEW!!!
(And I mean that! The process can take hours, but as my hair has grown longer, I find myself either taking some short cuts or just getting through it quicker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment