Saturday, January 8, 2011

My favorite recipes: Body Buttercream


This winter air has been foe to my skin and hair, so like the hair butter that I make to moisturize mine and my son's hair, I did something similar for our skin.

My son has eczema, so this winter air definitely has the potential to instigate more dry patches.  Up until this time, he'd been using an Aloe and Shea based body butter that I had made specifically for his condition because I felt that the cream that his doctor prescribed was not effective.  My son hadn't had an eczema breakout since he started using what we called "Aloe Butter", that is until the winter air really hit home, so I purchased some products that were good for the skin and decided to adjust the recipe of the Aloe Butter as well as incorporate some oils that I'd used in the Oil Cleansing Method, to make a stronger and more effective product.  Here is my recipe.
  • 2 cups raw shea butter
  • 1 tbsp castor oil
  • 2 tbsp aloe vera jelly
  • 1tbsp sweet almond oil
  • 10 drops lavender essential oil
  • 10 drops geranium essential oil
  • 70 drops tea tree essential oil

Mix all of these ingredients together using an electric hand mixer, and you have yourself a strong moisturizer that you can use on your body right after you get out of the shower and pat yourself dry (the standard method for locking in moisture to the skin) as well as a face moisturizer that can also help with acne, hyper-pigmentation and dryness.

No comments:

Post a Comment